Looking for a Pakistan travel guide? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Pakistan?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Pakistan and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Pakistan with its customs, laws and limitations in Pakistan customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to pakistan and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of pakistan travel form or covid pakistan requirements, so we advise you to check what is needed to travel to islamabad or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Internal security conditions in Pakistan have deteriorated due to the government’s fight against the Taliban, members of Al Qaeda, tribal militias and radical Islamic groups in certain areas of the country.
The presence of various local and foreign terrorist groups poses a danger in various parts of Pakistan, in particular in the tribal areas of the northwest, the border with Afghanistan and the territory of Kashmir in dispute with India.
The recorded attacks are frequently against civilian or government targets and Western individuals or interests. This has led the Pakistani government to maintain a constant state of alert, particularly in major cities.
Recommendations in Pakistan
- All Mexican travelers wishing to visit Pakistan are encouraged to consider the conditions of insecurity and tribal and Islamic insurgency that are registered in certain parts of its territory.
- If you are in Pakistani territory, it is suggested to stay completely away from places of refuge or where militants or rebel forces operate, air and military bases, as well as protests, marches and all kinds of political rallies or demonstrations.
- It is recommended to limit movements to tourist areas and avoid leaving them if there are no essential reasons, as well as not traveling at night by land.
- It is strongly suggested to avoid any movement to the border areas with Afghanistan and India, the Managed Tribal Areas (FATA), the provinces of Khyber-Pakhtukhwa and Baluchistan.
- Protests and incidents of civil violence can occur without warning in Pakistan. Even those initially peaceful demonstrations can escalate into violence, so it is suggested to immediately move away from them.
- It is advisable to closely follow the news of the country, as well as the events that occur in the locality in which they are, as well as follow the indications of the local authorities.
- The land route is discouraged to enter the country. Many of the border crossings with India remain closed, while those bordering Afghanistan have no security guarantees.
- In the same way, the news of the country must be closely followed, as well as the events that occur in the locality in which they are.
Guide to travel to Pakistan entry requirements
These are the Pakistan entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least six months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
- Have a return ticket or tourist circuit with closed dates.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the Pakistani authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to its territory, even if they have a visa.***
Guide to travel to Pakistan requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Pakistan exit requirements:
- To leave you must have a valid visa; Otherwise, you will have to apply for an exit visa from the Ministry of the Interior and you could be fined.
- If your stay was longer than four weeks, you may be asked to provide proof that you were vaccinated against polio in the last year.
Pakistan customs information
- The introduction of alcohol, drugs and pork products is prohibited with the risk of incarceration.
- In case of having a medical treatment, you must present the prescription, with an English translation, in which the medical condition and the medications that you are introducing are indicated.
- The maximum amount authorized to be withdrawn is five thousand US dollars or its equivalent in other currencies.
- Do not transport protected animal or plant species.
Pakistan local currency
The legal tender in Pakistan is the Pakistani rupee («Rs», PKR).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit pakistan. Here are the most common.
- Both men and women should dress conservatively, with arms and legs covered.
- You should refrain from displaying affection in public.
- During the fasting month, RamadanYou should avoid eating, drinking, and smoking in public throughout the day.
- If you want to marry a Pakistani citizen, consult a local lawyer to find out what obligations you will be subject to after formalizing your marriage contract. For more information, you can consult the International Fraud section.
Is it safe to travel to Pakistan?
- Terrorist attacks are frequent and can happen at any time and in any place, you must always remain on extreme alert.
- It is not advisable for you to travel to the border areas and the Federal Tribal Administered Areas (FATA), Khyber-Pakhtukhwa province, Azad Jammu Kashmir province, Baluchistan province and Peshawar city.
- The Pakistani government issues alerts to restrict movement in certain areas, in hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, etc., from one moment to another; Therefore, we suggest you pay attention to local notices and media.
- Plans to carry out terrorist attacks against Pakistani airports have been detected, so security checks on them have increased; consider the above when you have to use them.
- After a terrorist attack, Pakistani authorities often cut off cell phone service.
- Avoid any public concentration, demonstrations can lead to violence, if you cannot leave an area where a demonstration is taking place, look for a safe place where you can take refuge.
- There is a high risk of kidnapping of foreigners, you must be alert to any irregularity.
- Carry a copy of your passport and your Pakistani visa at all times.
- Drug trafficking can be punished with the death penalty; recreational drug possession can lead to lengthy jail terms.
- Although alcohol can be drunk in certain places, public drunkenness can lead to corporal punishment.
- The importation of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Not all public places are likely to be photographed, particularly government facilities.
- Under no circumstances should journalistic work be carried out with a tourist visa and without accreditation.
- Religious proselytizing work other than Islam is severely punished.
- Free union is illegal, as well as close contact between men and women who do not have a family relationship.
- Homosexuality is prohibited and can be punished with jail. For more information see the section on LGBTI people.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Pakistan
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Pakistan, so that it can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Pakistan, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Pakistan.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Pakistan?
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Pakistan?
If you come from a country, even transit only, where there is yellow fever, the vaccine against this disease is required to enter.