Looking for a guide to travel to sweden? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Sweden?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Sweden and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Sweden with its customs, laws and limitations in Swedish customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to sweden and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Sweden or covid sweden requirements, so we recommend you check What do you need to travel to Sweden? or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date the trip ends.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
- Proof of accommodation: hotel reservation or Invitation letter of a person residing in Sweden.
Guide to travel to Sweden entry requirements
These are the Swedish entry requirements:
Guide to travel to Sweden requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the departure requirements from sweden:
There are no special requirements to leave Sweden.
Sweden customs information
- Drugs of all kinds are absolutely prohibited.
- It is not allowed to transport protected animal or plant species.
- Tobacco and alcohol are subject to quantitative limitations.
For more information, contact the website of the Swedish Customs (in English).
Swedish local currency
- The legal tender in Sweden is the swedish krona («kr», SEK). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
- Throughout the country there are ATMs that accept different types of cards; the most widely accepted are American Express, Visa, Diners and Mastercard.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit sweden. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to Sweden?
Laws of Sweden
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with you during your stay in Sweden, as well as obtain a copy of it and keep it in a safe place.
- Driving while intoxicated (with the presence of alcohol in a proportion greater than 0.10 milligrams of alcohol-liter in the exhalation air equivalent to approximately 0.2 milligrams of alcohol per gram of blood) or under the influence of drugs can lead to your arrest and imprisonment, depending on where you are.
- The seat belt is mandatory when traveling by car.
- Visitors wishing to drive a rental car may do so upon presentation of their valid driver’s license (or an international format driver’s license).
- Drug trafficking is heavily persecuted and punished.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Sweden
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Sweden, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Sweden, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to traveling to Sweden.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official site for tourism in Sweden?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Sweden?
European emergency number: 112
Are tourists entitled to free medical care in Sweden?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in Sweden.
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Sweden?
No specific vaccinations are required for tourists to enter Sweden. However, it is recommended to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.