Looking for a Seychelles travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Seychelles, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for the entry to Seychelles and exit. general information and requirements to travel to Seychelles with its customs, laws and limitations in Seychelles customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to seychelles and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Seychelles or covid Seychelles requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Seychelles or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Seychelles entry requirements
These are the Seychelles entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required. Likewise, it is important to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.
- Have a return ticket.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
For more information, contact Seychelles Tourist Board.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the Seychellois authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to its territory, even if they have a visa.***
Guide to travel to Seychelles requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Seychelles departure requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Seychelles.
Seychelles customs information
- If you enter with more than $10,000 US dollars or its equivalent in other currencies, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
- Pornographic material is strictly prohibited.
Seychellois local currency
- The legal tender in Seychelles is the Seychellois rupee (“SR”, SCR).
- Cash bills of currencies such as dollars and euros are not accepted if they have an issue date prior to 2006. It is very important to bring recent bills to avoid problems.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit Seychelles. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to Seychelles?
- Avoid walking alone in the city center or in isolated places.
- Stay alert on the road and avoid uninhabited areas.
- Avoid walking at night even a short distance; For your safety take a taxi.
- Ignore people begging for money on the street.
- Avoid going out with jewelry and a large amount of money.
- It is recommended to always carry a copy of your passport with you during your stay in Seychelles, as well as to obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
- Closely follow the news, as well as the events that occur in the town where you are.
- Notify a family member or close friend where you plan to travel and the estimated time for the return.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Seychelles
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Seychelles, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Seychelles, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Seychelles.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official website for tourism in Seychelles?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Seychelles?
Medical emergencies: 248 438 8000
Emergencies at the airport: 248 438 4000
Police: 248 428 8000
Consular Protection Telephone: 254 712 406 411
Are tourists not entitled to free medical care in Seychelles?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care.
You must have a travel insurance or medical insurance with coverage abroad
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Seychelles?
A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required. Likewise, it is important to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.