Looking for a guide to travel to senegal? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to senegal, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Senegal. general information and Requirements to travel to Senegal with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Senegal. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to senegal and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Senegal
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Senegal or covid Senegal requirements, so we recommend you check what is needed to travel to senegal or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Senegal entry requirements
These are the entry requirements to Senegal:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow the immigration staff to be convinced that you will return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay in Senegal, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay – hotel or house of friends or relatives.
Guide to travel to Senegal requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Senegal exit requirements:
There are no special requirements for leaving Senegal.
Senegal customs information
You can temporarily bring to Senegal, without any kind of formality, most of your personal belongings in quantities that correspond to a normal tourist activity.
Senegal local currency
The legal tender in Senegal is the West African CFA Franc (‘FCFA’, XOF).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit senegal. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to Senegal?
It is recommended to keep valuables in a safe place and take special care with personal belongings in crowded places such as airports, train stations and public markets.
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in Senegal, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Senegal
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Senegal, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Senegal, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Senegal.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Are tourists entitled to free medical care in Senegal?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in Senegal.
You must have a travel insurance or medical insurance with coverage abroad
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Senegal?
To travel to Senegal it is necessary to have tetanus and yellow fever vaccinations. Likewise, it is recommended to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.