Looking for a guide to travel to ireland? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Ireland?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Ireland. general information and Requirements to travel to Ireland with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Ireland. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to ireland and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to ireland or covid Ireland requirements, so we advise you to check What do you need to travel to Ireland? or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Ireland entry requirements
These are the Ireland entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least six months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
The immigration agent is empowered to check electronic devices such as cell phones and/or personal computers.
Guide to travel to Ireland requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the ireland exit requirements:
For foreign students who wish to travel to other countries during the validity of their student visa, before leaving the country they must apply to the Irish immigration authorities for the issuance of a re-entry visa. This will avoid migratory difficulties on your return to Ireland.
Ireland customs information
- If you enter with more than $10,000 US dollars or its equivalent in other currencies, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
For more information, consult the website of the Government of Ireland Customs. (in English)
Local Currency of Ireland
- The legal tender in Ireland is the Euro («€», EUR). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
- Throughout the country there are ATMs that accept different types of cards; the most widely accepted are American Express, Visa, Diners and Mastercard.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit ireland. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Laws of Ireland
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in Ireland, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Driving while intoxicated (with the presence of alcohol in the blood in a proportion greater than 0.5 grams-liter) or under the influence of drugs can lead to your arrest and imprisonment, depending on where you are.
- The seat belt is mandatory when traveling by car.
- Visitors wishing to drive a rental car may do so upon presentation of their valid driver’s license (or an international format driver’s license).
- Drug trafficking is heavily persecuted and punished.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Ireland
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will be traveling to Ireland, so that they can inform you how to act in the event of theft or loss of your credit cards in Ireland, or problems you may have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to traveling to Ireland.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official website for tourism in Ireland?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Ireland?
European emergency number: 112
Are tourists entitled to free medical care in Ireland?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in Ireland.