Looking for a guide to travel to Sao Tome and Principe? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Sao Tome and Principe, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for the entrance to São Tomé and Príncipe and departure. general information and Requirements to travel to São Tomé and Príncipe with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of São Tomé and Príncipe. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to Sao Tome and Principe and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Sao Tome and Principe Overview
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to São Tomé and Príncipe or covid São Tomé and Príncipe requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Santo Tomé or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Sao Tome and Principe entry requirements
These are the Sao Tome and Principe entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date the trip ends.
- Have a return air ticket or any ticket in your name, with a destination outside of São Tomé and Príncipe, with a departure date within 30 days of entering the country.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that allow immigration personnel to convince themselves that you will return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay in São Tomé and Príncipe, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay – hotel or house of friends or relatives.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the São Toméan authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to its territory, even if they have a visa.***
Guide to travel to São Tomé and Príncipe requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Sao Tome and Principe departure requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave São Tomé and Príncipe.
Customs information Sao Tome and Principe
The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
Local Currency of Sao Tome and Principe
The legal tender in São Tomé and Príncipe is the Sao Tome Dobra («Db», STD).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Customs of São Tomé and Príncipe
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit Sao Tome and Principe. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to Sao Tome and Principe?
It is recommended to take care of belongings and travel documents, particularly in airports and on public transport, and in any place where there are concentrations of people.
Laws of São Tomé and Príncipe
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in São Tomé and Príncipe, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to São Tomé and Príncipe
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to São Tomé and Príncipe, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in São Tomé and Príncipe, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards at the Foreign.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to São Tomé and Príncipe.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Do tourists have the right to free medical care in São Tomé and Príncipe?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in São Tomé and Príncipe.