Looking for a guide to travel to slovakia? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Slovakia?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Slovakia and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Slovakia with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Slovakia. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to slovakia and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Slovakia general information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Slovakia or covid Slovakia requirements, so we recommend you to check What do you need to travel to Slovakia? or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
As of April 06, 2022, the Slovakian authorities do not request proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 test result, pre-registration or quarantine from travelers (including Mexicans) who wish to visit that country.
Guide to travel to Slovakia entry requirements
These are the Slovakia entry requirements:
If you travel by plane directly to Slovakia (without previously going through immigration control through any other country in the Schengen area), the corresponding authorities request for the entry of tourists of Mexican nationality:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have a round trip plane ticket.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
- Proof of accommodation: hotel reservation or Letter of Invitation from a person residing in Slovakia.
Guide to travel to Slovakia requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the exit requirements from slovakia:
There are no special requirements to leave Slovakia.
Slovakia customs information
- Drugs of all kinds are absolutely prohibited.
- It is not allowed to transport protected animal or plant species.
- Tobacco and alcohol are subject to quantitative limitations.
Local currency of Slovakia
The legal tender in Slovakia is the Euro («€», EUR). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit slovakia. Here are the most common.
- Slovak society attaches particular importance to punctuality.
- The handshake between strangers is preferred to kisses on the cheek (common in Latin countries) and keeping the distance between people is also important.
- Saying “Ďakujem” (“Thank you”) to the person waiting after paying the bill in cafes and restaurants is interpreted as “keep the change”, so it should be avoided, if at all.
Is it safe to travel to Slovakia?
- Although security in Slovakia is high, it is recommended that Mexicans be aware of their personal documents and money at all times to avoid loss or theft (which are rare, but could happen).
- In the case of using credit or debit cards, it is advisable to keep the plastic in sight at all times to avoid possible data theft (infrequent but they have been recorded in the past).
Laws of Slovakia
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with you during your stay in Slovakia, as well as obtain a copy of your passport and keep it somewhere safe.
- Driving while intoxicated (with the presence of alcohol in the blood in a proportion greater than 0.5 grams-liter) or under the influence of drugs can lead to your arrest and imprisonment, depending on where you are.
- The seat belt is mandatory when traveling by car.
- Visitors wishing to drive a rental car may do so by presenting their valid driver’s license (or a driver’s license in international format).
- Drug trafficking is heavily persecuted and punished.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Slovakia
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Slovakia, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Slovakia, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Slovakia.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Slovakia?
Medical Emergencies: 155