Looking for a guide to travel to rwanda? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Rwanda?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Rwanda. general information and Requirements to travel to Rwanda with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Rwanda. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to rwanda and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to rwanda or covid Rwanda requirements, so we recommend you check What do you need to travel to Kigali? or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Rwanda is generally considered a safe country, however, it could be affected by the political volatility in Burundi and the conflicts in the East of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), with which it borders.
Guide to travel to Rwanda entry requirements
These are the rwanda entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Although a yellow fever vaccination certificate is not required, the Rwandan authorities recommend the vaccine given the risk of contracting it in this country. Also, such a vaccine is a mandatory requirement in other East African countries.
- Have a return ticket.
- Check that you have enough money to cover the costs of your stay, depending on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay – hotel or house of friends or relatives.
- Lodging supporting document. They can be hotel reservations, or a Invitation letter of a family member or friend who is a national or resident in the country with address and telephone numbers, to which they must add evidence of economic solvency and legal stay.
Guide to travel to Rwanda requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the rwanda exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Rwanda.
Customs information Rwanda
- If you enter with more than $10,000 US dollars or its equivalent in other currencies, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
Local Currency of Rwanda
- The legal tender is the rwandan franc (“$” or “RF”, RWF).
- Cash bills of currencies such as dollars and euros are not accepted if they have an issue date prior to 2006. It is very important to bring recent bills to avoid problems.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit rwanda. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to Rwanda?
- Special caution should be taken when transiting through the border area with the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Burundi.
- Avoid walking alone in the city center or in isolated places.
- Stay alert on the road and avoid uninhabited areas.
- Avoid walking at night even a short distance; For your safety take a taxi.
- Ignore people begging for money on the street.
- Avoid going out with jewelry and a large amount of money.
Laws of Rwanda
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in Rwanda, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
- Closely follow the news, as well as the events that occur in the town where you are.
- Notify a family member or close friend where you plan to travel and the estimated time for the return.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Rwanda
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Rwanda, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Rwanda, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to traveling to Rwanda.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Rwanda?
Road accidents: 113
Consular Protection Telephone: 254 712 406 411
Are tourists entitled to free medical care in Rwanda?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in Rwanda.
What are the recommended vaccinations in Rwanda?
Although a yellow fever vaccination certificate is not required, the Rwandan authorities recommend the vaccine given the risk of contracting it in this country. Also, such a vaccine is a mandatory requirement in other East African countries.