Looking for a travel guide to norway? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Norway?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Norway and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Norway with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Norway. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to norway and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Norway or covid Norway requirements, so we recommend you check What do you need to travel to Norway? or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Norway entry requirements
These are the Norway entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least six months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have health insurance
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
- Proof of accommodation: hotel reservation or Letter of Invitation from a resident person.
- The 90-day period of stay starts from the moment you enter any country in the Schengen area. The legal stay permit will be renewed upon leaving said space for a period of 90 days. It is advisable not to exceed these deadlines since the immigration authority can expel you and sanction you with a ban on entering the entire Schengen area.
Guide to travel to Norway requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the departure requirements from Norway:
There are no special requirements to leave Norway.
Customs information Norway
- Drugs of all kinds are absolutely prohibited.
- It is not allowed to transport protected animal or plant species.
- Tobacco and alcohol are subject to quantitative limitations.
Norwegian local currency
- The legal tender is the The Norwegian crown («Kr», NOK).
- The use of Norwegian kroner is recommended as much as possible, since although the Euro is accepted in some establishments, this is not the general rule and the exchange rate is usually very disadvantageous for foreigners.
- The use of cash is rare, so we highly recommend the use of a debit or credit bank card.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit norway. Here are the most common.
- Alcohol (except beers) must be purchased from government-authorized stores known as VINMONOPOLET.
- On Sundays most businesses are closed including supermarkets.
Is it safe to travel to Norway?
- Norway is considered a safe country, as it has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, however petty theft and vandalism have spread in recent years.
- It is recommended to be careful with belongings.
Laws of Norway
- Carry personal identification at all times.
- Smoking is prohibited in public places (museums, monuments, cinemas), on public transport and inside restaurants and bars.
- It is prohibited to drive with a pure blood alcohol level equal to or greater than 0.5 g per liter of blood.
- Promoting, favoring or facilitating the illegal consumption of toxic drugs, narcotics or psychotropic substances, through acts of manufacture, trafficking or possession is strongly prosecuted and punished. Do not accept to transport packages or orders from unknown people.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Norway
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Norway, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Norway, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Norway.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official site for tourism in Norway?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Norway?
Fires, accidents and severe contamination: 110
Police – Immediate Assistance: 112
Ambulance and Medical assistance: 113
Are tourists entitled to free medical care in Norway?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in Norway
What vaccinations are needed to go to Norway?
No specific vaccinations are required for tourists to enter Norway. However, it is recommended to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.