Looking for a North Macedonia travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Republic of North Macedonia, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering the Republic of North Macedonia and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to North Macedonia with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of the Republic of North Macedonia. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to visit north macedonia and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of the Republic of North Macedonia
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to the Republic of North Macedonia or covid requirements Republic of North Macedonia, so we recommend you to check what is needed to travel to Skopje or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to North Macedonia entry requirements
These are the entry requirements to the Republic of North Macedonia:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
- In case you do not use the lodging services, you must register with the corresponding authority within 24 hours of arrival in the country, presenting proof of address, or at the time of receiving lodging.
Guide to travel to North Macedonia requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Republic of North Macedonia exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave North Macedonia.
Customs information Republic of North Macedonia
- Drugs of all kinds are absolutely prohibited.
- If you enter with more than 10,000 euros or its equivalent in other currencies, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from North Macedonia.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
- Additionally, some fruits, vegetables, honey, eggs, meat, dairy products and plants from other countries cannot be brought into the country.
For more information consult the Consular Services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of North Macedonia.
Local currency of the Republic of North Macedonia
The legal tender in North Macedonia is the Macedonian denar («Ден.», MKD).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Customs of the Republic of North Macedonia
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit republic of north macedonia.
Is it safe to travel to Republic of North Macedonia?
North Macedonia is generally a safe country. However, it is recommended to watch out for pickpockets and keep all valuables safe.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to the Republic of North Macedonia
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to the Republic of North Macedonia, so that it can inform you how to act in the event of theft or loss of your credit cards in the Republic of North Macedonia, or problems you may have when withdrawing money with your cards. abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to the Republic of North Macedonia.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in the Republic of North Macedonia?
The police telephone number is 192; the fire department is 193 and the ambulance is 194.