Guide to travel to New Zealand
Looking for a guide to travel to new zealand? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to New Zealand?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering New Zealand and leaving. general information and requirements to travel to Newto Zealand with its customs, laws and limitations in New Zealand customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to new zealand and everything you need to know to travel safely.
NEW ZEALAND DATA
|Capital||Wellington (See map.)|
|Languages||English and Maori|
|Currency||New Zealand Dollar|
New Zealand Overview
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to new zealand or covid New Zealand requirements, so we recommend you check what is needed to travel to Wellington or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to New Zealand entry requirements
These are the New Zealand entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
- In order to verify that the purpose of the trip is really tourism, the immigration and/or customs authorities have the right to conduct an exhaustive interview in which they could ask you to present hotel reservations, domestic flights, tour reservations, account information banking, etc Immigration authorities can deny entry if they consider that the purpose of the trip has not been fully demonstrated. Arriving with the intention of staying in the country for purposes other than tourism, such as obtaining a job, is sufficient reason for entry into the country to be denied.
Guide to travel to New Zealand requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the New Zealand exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave New Zealand.
Customs information New Zealand
- If you enter with more than $10,000 New Zealand dollars or its equivalent in other currencies, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- plants and pets must receive prior approval prior to entry: pets they have to be quarantined.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
- New Zealand is a country with strict biosecurity measures.
We recommend you review the following links with more information on what products you can take, which you must declare and which are prohibited:
New Zealand local currency
The legal tender in is the New Zealand Dollar (“NZ$”, NZD). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
New Zealand customs
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit new zealand. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to New Zealand?
New Zealand Laws
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in New Zealand, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to New Zealand
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to New Zealand, so that they can inform you of what to do in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in New Zealand, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to traveling to New Zealand.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official site for tourism in New Zealand?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in New Zealand?
Do tourists have the right to free medical care?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care.
What are New Zealand’s mandatory vaccinations?
No special type of vaccination is required to enter as a tourist. However, it is prudent to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.