Looking for a guide to travel to montenegro? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Montenegro, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entry to Montenegro and exit. general information and Requirements to travel to Montenegro with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Montenegro. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to montenegro and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Montenegrin general information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Montenegro or covid Montenegro requirements, so we recommend you to check What is needed to travel to Montenegro or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Montenegro entry requirements
These are the Montenegrin entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date the trip ends.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
- In case you do not use the lodging services, you must register with the corresponding authority within 24 hours of arrival in the country, presenting proof of address, or at the time of receiving lodging.
Guide to travel to Montenegro requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the departure requirements from Montenegro:
There are no special requirements to leave Montenegro.
Customs information Montenegro
A traveler can physically enter money into Montenegro, in euros and/or non-euro currency, in total amount or equivalent to a maximum of 10,000 EUR, without informing the customs authority.
Montenegrin local currency
The legal tender in Montenegro is the Euro («€», EUR).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit montenegro.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Montenegro
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Montenegro, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Montenegro, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to traveling to Montenegro.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Montenegro?
The police telephone number is 122; the fire department is 123 and the ambulance is 124.
What are the recommended vaccinations in Montenegro?
Routine ones, as well as those that protect against COVID-19, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Measles.