Looking for a Guide to travel to the Republic of Moldova? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to the Republic of Moldova, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering the Republic of Moldova and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to the Republic of Moldova with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of the Republic of Moldova. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the Best time to travel to Republic of Moldova and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Republic of Moldova
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to the Republic of Moldova or covid requirements Republic of Moldova, so we recommend you to check what is needed to travel to Chisinau or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Moldova entry requirements
These are the Republic of Moldova entry requirements:
- Mexican people can stay in Moldova if they have a passport with a minimum validity of three months counted from the tentative date of departure from that country for a maximum of 90 days, consecutive or not, in a period of 180 days. It is advisable not to exceed the aforementioned period since the immigration authority can expel you and sanction you with a ban on entry to Moldova.
- Return ticket or tourist circuit with closed dates.
- Justify the reason for your trip and prove sufficient financial means to cover the expenses of your stay. Bank debit and credit cards, account statements, traveler’s checks, cash are means of verification.
- Lodging supporting document; They can be hotel reservations, or a Invitation letter of a family member or friend who is a national of Moldova or resident in the country with address and phone numbers, to which they must add evidence of economic solvency and legal stay in the country.
- Medical insurance with coverage of at least 30,000 euros.
Guide to travel to Moldova requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Republic of Moldova exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Moldova.
Customs information Republic of Moldova
- If you enter with more than 10,000 euros or its equivalent in another currency, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
Local currency of Republic of Moldova
The legal tender in Moldova is the moldovan leu (CDM).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Customs of the Republic of Moldova
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit republic of moldova. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to the Republic of Moldova?
- The region known as Transnistria, an area located east of the Dniester River, self-proclaimed its independence in 1990, without being recognized by the authorities of the Republic of Moldova.
- There are no established diplomatic channels to carry out immediate and adequate consular assistance or protection in case it is required, so it is recommended that Mexicans who plan to travel to Transnistria:
- assess the need to visit said territory;
- if the trip is necessary, find out in advance about the situation that prevails in the places to visit and not travel at night;
Laws of the Republic of Moldova
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
- It is recommended to always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in Moldova, as well as to obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to the Republic of Moldova
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to the Republic of Moldova, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in the Republic of Moldova, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to the Republic of Moldova.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in the Republic of Moldova?
What are the mandatory vaccinations in the Republic of Moldova?
No vaccinations are required to travel to Moldova