Looking for a Mauritius travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Mauritius, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Mauritius and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Mauritius with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Mauritius. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to mauritius and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Mauritius
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Mauritius or Mauritius covid requirements, so we advise you to check what is needed to travel to port louis or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Mauritius entry requirements
These are the Mauritius entry requirements:
- Regardless of vaccination status, travelers do NOT need to submit a negative PCR test before flying to Mauritius, take a test upon arrival, or self-isolate.
- Before traveling, you must complete the form Mauritius All-in-One Travel Digital Form, available in https://safemauritius.govmu.org/ and print it out to present to health officials upon arrival at the airport in Mauritius.
- Your passport must be valid during your stay and must have at least 3 blank pages (“Visas”).
Guide to travel to Mauritius requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Mauritius exit requirements:
Passport valid for at least 6 months.
Mauritius customs information
The detailed list of items that are prohibited from being brought into Mauritius is available at: https://www.mra.mu/download/ProhibitedRestricted.pdf .
Mauritius local currency
The legal tender in Mauritius is the Mauritian Rupee (MUR).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit mauritius. Here are the most common.
It is recommended to follow the indications of the guide staff in the tourist areas.
Mauritian society is relatively conservative. Although the law does not criminalize homosexuality, it punishes the act of sodomy regardless of sexual orientation. Local attitudes and levels of acceptance of LGBT people vary across the country.
Is it safe to travel to Mauritius?
Mauritius is a safe country to visit, with a low crime rate.
Laws of Mauritius
- Drug use and smuggling are crimes.
- It is illegal to possess or import cigarette rolling papers.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Mauritius
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Mauritius, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Mauritius, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Mauritius.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Mauritius?
Phone numbers of the Embassy of your country in South Africa: +27 12 460 1004 (office hours) and +27 63 793 7496 (emergencies).
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Mauritius?
The yellow fever vaccine is required, as well as the international vaccination certificate for travelers coming from risk countries of disease transmission.