Guide to travel to Latvia
Looking for a guide to travel to latvia? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to latvia, we are going to explain to you everything you have to prepare for entry to Latvia and exit. general information and requirements to travel to latvia with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Latvia. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to latvia and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Latvia
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to latvia or covid requirements Latvia, so we recommend you to check what is needed to travel to Riga or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
To make calls to Latvia
- To landline: 00 + 371 + two or three digits of the area code + five or six digits of the telephone
- To mobile: 00 + 371 + eight digits of the phone
Guide to travel to Latvia entry requirements
These are the Latvia entry requirements:
Passport valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond the intended period of stay.
An authorization from the EU Travel and Information Authorization System (ETIAS) will become a mandatory requirement for all Mexican citizens from 2021.
Customs information Latvia
Latvian customs regulate and block the importation of various dangerous items, such as weapons (the traveler must have a valid European firearms pass), legal and illegal drugs.
Products can be imported into Lithuanian territory following the mandatory limits regulated by the government. If you arrive from a non-EU country
- Tobacco: Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (250g) arriving by air.
- Cigarettes (40), cigars (20), cigars (10), tobacco (50g) arriving by road, rail or water.
- Alcohol: Beer (16L), wine (4L), other alcoholic products (3L).
If you arrive from an EU Member State:
- Tobacco: Cigarettes (800), cigars (200), tobacco (1 kg).
- Alcohol: Beer (110L), wine (90L), other alcoholic products (10L).
The Latvian government does not impose any restrictions on the import of foreign and local currencies.
Latvian local currency
The legal tender in Latvia is the Euro (“€”, EUR), since January 1, 2014. This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit latvia.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Latvia
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Latvia, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Latvia, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Latvia.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Latvia?
What are the recommended vaccinations in Latvia?