Looking for a guide to travel to Ivory Coast? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Ivory Coast, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for the entrance to the Ivory Coast and departure. general information and requirements to travel to Ivory Coast with its customs, laws and limitations in the Ivory Coast customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to Ivory Coast and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Ivory Coast
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Ivory Coast or covid requirements Ivory Coast, so we recommend you to check What is needed to travel to – or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Given the current health situation due to COVID-19, the Government of Ivory Coast implemented the following measures in order to prevent the spread of the virus: Persons over 12 years of age who enter the country must present a certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 that show that you have a complete vaccination schedule.
- People who cannot prove that they have a complete vaccination schedule or are not vaccinated must present the negative result of a negative PCR test carried out within 48 to 72 hours before their trip.
- All persons are subject to a COVID-19 antigen test upon arrival.
- You can find more information at https://deplacement-aerien.gouv.ci/#/home
Guide to travel to Ivory Coast entry requirements
These are the Ivory Coast entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow the migratory staff to be convinced that they will return to their country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
Guide to travel to Ivory Coast requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Ivory Coast departure requirements:
There are no special requirements for departure from Côte d’Ivoire.
Customs information Ivory Coast
You can temporarily enter the Ivory Coast, without any kind of formality, most of your personal belongings in quantities that correspond to a normal tourist activity.
Local currency of Ivory Coast
The legal tender in Côte d’Ivoire is the West African CFA Franc (‘FCFA’, XOF).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Customs of the Ivory Coast
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit Ivory Coast. Here are the most common.
Ivory Coast is a country with a majority Muslim population, so it is recommended to respect the sensitivity of the inhabitants, dress discreetly and observe appropriate and courteous behavior.
Ivory Coast Laws
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in Ivory Coast, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Ivory Coast
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to the Ivory Coast, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in the Ivory Coast, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Ivory Coast.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Ivory Coast?
Police: 170 or 111
Medical emergency services: 185
What are the compulsory vaccinations in the Ivory Coast?
To travel to Ivory Coast it is necessary to have tetanus and yellow fever vaccinations. Likewise, it is recommended to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.