Looking for a guide to travel to hungary? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Hungary?, we are going to explain to you everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Hungary. general information and Requirements to travel to Hungary with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Hungary. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to hungary and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Hungary
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Hungary or Hungary covid requirements, so we recommend you to check what is needed to travel to budapest or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
The Hungarian government has lifted travel restrictions due to COVID-19 since March 7, 2022.
The use of face masks is mandatory in public or private medical facilities.
All people, regardless of their origin, can enter the country if they meet the general entry requirements, without health restrictions.
The current provisions regarding COVID-19 can be found at the following link: https://www.police.hu/en/content/for-the-attention-of-travelers
Guide to travel to Hungary entry requirements
These are the Hungary entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 3 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that allow immigration personnel to be convinced that you will return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay in Hungary, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay – hotel or house of friends or relatives.
- Lodging supporting document. They can be hotel reservations, or an Invitation Letter from a family member or friend who is a national of Hungary or resident in the country with address and phone numbers, to which they must add proof of economic solvency and legal stay in Europe.
- Remember that Hungary is part of the Schengen Area.
Guide to travel to Hungary requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Hungary exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Hungary.
Customs information Hungary
- If you enter with more than $10,000 euros or its equivalent in other currencies, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- Drugs of all kinds (including cannabis) are absolutely prohibited.
- Do not transport protected animal or plant species.
- There are limitations on the amount of alcohol and tobacco that can be imported
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
- For more information, you can consult the website of the country brand of hungary (in Spanish).
Hungarian local currency
The legal tender in Hungary is the hungarian forint (“Ft”, HUF).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
customs of hungary
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit hungary. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to Hungary?
Laws of Hungary
- It is recommended to always carry a copy of your passport with a visa at hand during your stay in Hungary, as well as to obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- There are no provisions additional to the international ones, to enter the country.
- In case of making a trip to Austria, Slovakia and Slovenia, you can travel without a visa, within the period of 90 days contemplated for the countries of the Schengen Zone (this period is not renewed every time you travel to another country in the zone)
- For Croatia, Serbia and Romania you can also travel as a tourist without a visa for 90 days, a period that is independent of the 90 days established for the Schengen Zone.
- To travel to Ukraine it is required to process a visa to enter that country.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Hungary
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Hungary, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Hungary, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Hungary.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official tourism site in Hungary?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Hungary?
Are tourists entitled to free medical care in Hungary?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in Hungary.
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Hungary?
No specific vaccinations are required for tourists to enter Hungary. There are also no particular health risks detected in that country.