Looking for a guide to travel to chad? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Chad?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Chad and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Chad with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Chad. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to chad and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Chad
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Chad or covid Chad requirements, so we recommend you check What do you need to travel to Chad? or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Chad entry requirements
These are the Chad entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least six months at the time of entry and until the date you plan to leave the country.
- Submit yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- You must register with the National Police within three days of entering Chad. Passport size photographs are required.
- To travel outside the capital, N’Djamena, permission from the Ministry of the Interior is required.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the Chadian authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to its territory, even if they have a visa. The Embassy cannot request the entry of Mexican people against the disposition of the local immigration authorities.***
Guide to travel to Chad requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Chadian exit requirements:
It is forbidden to withdraw local currency. The amount of foreign currency cannot be greater than that declared when entering Chad.
Chad customs information
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
- Precious stones cannot be removed without permission from the authorities.
Chadian local currency
The legal tender in Chad is the Central African CFA Franc (“FCFA”, XAF).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit chad. Here are the most common.
- Local traditions, customs, laws and religions must be respected at all times and you must be mindful of your actions to ensure that you do not offend other cultures or religious beliefs.
- Discreet clothing is recommended for men and women.
- Women must cover arms and legs and Muslim believers must cover their hair and men must not wear shorts.
- During the fasting month, Ramadan, you should not eat, drink and smoke in public.
- Refrain from displaying affection in public.
- Homosexuality is considered illegal.
Is it safe to travel to Chad?
- In 2015 there were terrorist attacks in the capital, N’Djamena. Although in recent years there has been no activity of this type, it is still latent, so extreme precautions are recommended.
- You should not travel to the Lake Chad region, which is in a state of emergency due to the cross-border presence of extremist Islamic groups.
- Avoid traveling to the border areas with Libya and Sudan.
- Refrain from participating in demonstrations and avoid crowds
- Carry a copy of your passport and your Chadian visa at all times.
- You must obtain a permit from the Ministry of Public Security and Immigration to take photographs.
- It is strictly prohibited to photograph public buildings, infrastructure, monuments and installations of the security forces.
- Under no circumstances should journalistic work be carried out without the written permission of the Chadian authorities.
- The trafficking, possession and use of drugs are severely punished.
- Sex outside of marriage and homosexuality are illegal and subject to serious penalties. For more information see the section on LGBTIQ people.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Chad
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Chad, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Chad, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Chad.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Chad?
What are the mandatory vaccinations in Chad?
Yellow fever is endemic in Chad, so you should be vaccinated against this disease before you travel. Many airlines request the yellow fever vaccination certificate when boarding flights to Chad.