Looking for a Cameroon travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Cameroon, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Cameroon and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Cameroon with its customs, laws and limitations in Cameroon customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to cameroon and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Cameroon General Information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Cameroon or covid Cameroon requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Yaoundé or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
- Avoid any non-essential travel to the Republic of Cameroon.
- Contact the Embassy of the Republic of Cameroon in the United States, which is concurrent for your country, in order to learn about other travel and stay requirements in the country that may be in force. The contact details of the representation are:
- Phone: (202) 265-8790
- Address: 2349 Massachusetts Ave NW Washington, DC, 20009, USA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Always carry a copy of your Mexican passport and an official photo ID, keep an electronic copy of them.
Guide to travel to Cameroon entry requirements
These are the Cameroon entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- The visa must be obtained before the trip, since it is not possible to manage it upon arrival in Cameroon.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
For more information, see the website of the Embassy of Cameroon in the United States.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the Cameroonian authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to its territory, even if they have a visa.***
Guide to travel to Cameroon requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Cameroon departure requirements:
- Have a valid passport and prove legal entry to Cameroon (usually through the stamp of the immigration agent that is stamped on the passport).
- The airlines also require the visas of the countries through which you will travel.
Cameroon customs information
- You must declare to customs if you are traveling with more than US$10,000 in cash or its equivalent in other currencies and/or money orders or documents receivable.
- Firearms, tear gas, and pepper spray are not permitted.
- Additionally, some fruits, vegetables, honey, eggs, meat, dairy products and plants from other countries cannot be brought into the country.
Cameroon local currency
The legal tender in Cameroon is the Central African CFA Franc (“FCFA”, XAF).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit cameroon. Here are the most common.
Half of the population is Muslim, so you must be particularly careful to avoid any type of incident for not observing a minimum of respect for said faith.
Is it safe to travel to Cameroon?
- It is advisable to hire in advance some means of transport from the airport to the city.
- Passengers on international flights must carry personal identification documents (passport with visa) and submit immigration and customs forms when required, as well as the yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- Make sure that the baggage you pick up belongs to you, by comparing the number in your password with the one on the baggage.
- Do not leave your luggage unattended in the public areas of the airport.
- Use the transport services that have a commercial relationship with the airport, such as taxis and car rental companies.
- It is recommended that you stay in hotels located in the busy areas of major cities.
- Do not stray from the tourist circuits and only use the services of authorized guides. If you choose to walk, do so in tourist areas avoiding flashy jewelry, high-value electronics, or large amounts of money.
- It is recommended to use the hotel safe and carry a copy of your passport.
Laws of Cameroon
- It is recommended to always carry a copy of your passport with a visa at hand during your stay in Cameroon, as well as to obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- The illicit transport of psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Cameroon
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Cameroon, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Cameroon, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Cameroon.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Cameroon?
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Cameroon?
The application of the yellow fever vaccine is mandatory for entry to Cameroon. Hepatitis AB, Tetanus, Typhoid Fever and Meningitis are also recommended.