Looking for a guide to travel to Belarus? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to Belarus, we will explain everything you have to prepare for entering Belarus and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Belarus with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Belarus. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to belarus and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Belarus general information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Belarus or covid Belarus requirements, so we recommend you to check what is needed to travel to Belarus or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Belarus entry requirements
These are the Belarus entry requirements:
- Passport with a minimum validity of six months
- Visa (for those who do not enter through Minsk International Airport).
- A medical insurance valid in Belarus, with a minimum coverage of €10,000 (this insurance can be purchased upon arrival at the Minsk airport, with a local insurer).
- Bank documents or cash that demonstrate economic solvency (at least 30 dollars per day).
- Migration letter and customs declaration (both will be delivered to be filled out when passing through the immigration control point).
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
Guide to travel to Belarus requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Belarus exit requirements:
- The exit from the territory must be made during the validity of the visa, or within five days after entering through the Minsk international airport..
- Any overstay beyond the validity of the visa, or the 5-day entry permit, is administratively sanctioned with a fine of up to €550 and a one-year ban on entering Belarus.
People who entered without a visa, thanks to the migratory facility, must necessarily leave through the Minsk International Airport.
Belarus customs information
- It is possible to enter the following free goods as part of the baggage, without the need to declare them:
- Goods for personal use, whose value does not exceed 1,500 euros or its equivalent and up to 50kg of luggage,
- Up to 3 liters of alcoholic beverages,
- Up to 200 cigarettes or 250 grams of tobacco,
- You can enter Belarus with an amount of less than $10,000 US dollars or its equivalent in another currency without the need to declare them.
- It is forbidden to enter with: a) weapons, b) military equipment, c) narcotics, d) substances considered poisonous or toxic and e) radioactive or explosive substances
- To enter animals and plants, health, veterinary and phytosanitary certificates are required.
To consult customs rules visit the official site of the State Border Committee of the Republic of Belarus
For more information on customs regulations, consult the corresponding section of the official site of the Republic of Belarus.
Local currency of Belarus
- The legal tender is the Belarusian ruble (“Br”, BYN).
- This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit belarus.
Is it safe to travel to Belarus?
It is important that during your stay you carry with you at all times, in a safe place, your passport and your migratory entry card. The police and security authorities carry out regular and random documentation checks and not being in possession of the passport is sanctioned with a fine and detention.
- In an emergency, follow the directions of local authorities.
- If you require special assistance, contact your embassy.
Laws of Belarus
- It is necessary to always carry your passport with a visa (if applicable) at hand during your stay, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- If you entered Belarus with the visa modality, you must compulsorily complete an immigration registration with the local authorities within the first 5 days. Immigration registration is necessary to stay on Belarusian territory; the lack of this requirement can be sanctioned with detention and a fine. Hotels generally support their guests with this procedure.
- The consumption, sale and transportation of cigarettes and alcoholic beverages is prohibited for visitors under 20 years of age.
- The introduction of drugs and narcotics is prohibited.
- The entry, use, distribution and sale of drugs and narcotics is severely punished.
- Homosexuality is not criminalized or considered illegal.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Belarus
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Belarus, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Belarus, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Belarus.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official site for tourism in Belarus?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Belarus?
Fire and rescue department: 101
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Belarus?
No special vaccinations are required to enter. However, it is prudent to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.