Looking for a guide to travel to bangladesh? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to bangladesh, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Bangladesh and leaving. general information and requirements to travel to bangladesh with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Bangladesh. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to bangladesh and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Bangladeshi General Information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to bangladesh or covid Bangladesh requirements, so we recommend you to check what is needed to travel to Dhaka or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
- The requirements of the countries are constantly changing, so it is recommended to consult the official pages of the competent government authorities in the country of destination, as well as the information provided by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
- Always carry a copy of your Mexican passport and an official photo ID, keep an electronic copy of them.
- If you have planned a trip to or from Bangladesh, we suggest you check with your airline the status of your reservations.
To make calls to Bangladesh
- To landline: 00 + 880 + one to four digits of the area code + three to seven digits of the telephone number
- To mobile: 00 + 880 + ten digits of the phone
Guide to travel to Bangladesh entry requirements
These are the entry requirements to bangladesh:
- The Mexican passport must be valid for at least six months on the date of entry to Bangladesh.
- If you are going to stay in the house of a relative and/or acquaintance, you must have an Invitation Letter.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
Guide to travel to Bangladesh requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Bangladesh exit requirements:
There are no special requirements for departure from Bangladesh.
Bangladesh customs information
It is forbidden to import any type of products derived from beef cattle, pork, live plants or gold or silver bullion.
Bangladeshi local currency
The legal tender in Bangladesh is the Bangladeshi taka («৳», «৲» or «Tk», BDT).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit bangladesh. Here are the most common.
- The dress code for women is a little stricter than for men, it is not well seen to show shoulders or legs, much less if you go to temples or sacred places.
- Shows of affection between couples are not well seen, it is preferable to avoid holding hands and kissing the couple in public. However, it is very common to see men holding hands as a sign of friendship.
Is it safe to travel to Bangladesh?
- Foreigners are particularly vulnerable to crime, so extreme caution is recommended.
- The theft of objects and the presence of pickpockets on trains and trucks is common. Therefore, it is recommended not to carry large amounts of cash and prefer to make withdrawals from ATMs.
- Never neglect your belongings, in particular your suitcases, especially in places with a large influx of people.
- Do not accept, for any reason, packages or suitcases from strangers.
- Always carry a personal ID with you. It is preferable not to go out with your passport but with a photocopy of it, along with a card from the hotel where you are staying.
- Possession of any type of drug is severely punished.
- Promoting, favoring or facilitating the illegal consumption of toxic drugs, narcotics or psychotropic substances, through acts of manufacture, trafficking or possession is strongly prosecuted and punished.
- Do not accept to transport packages or orders from unknown people.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Bangladesh
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Bangladesh, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Bangladesh, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Bangladesh.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Bangladesh?
Police: 01713398355 and 0173373166
What are the mandatory vaccinations in Bangladesh?
Depending on the season of the year and the region, special care may be required.
In general terms, it is recommended to be vaccinated against tetanus, influenza, salmonella and hepatitis.
Malaria cases have been reported in some cities in Bangladesh, so it is recommended to take proper precautions.
Sanitary conditions in Bangladesh can be of poor quality, so contagious and gastrointestinal-type illnesses are common. It is always suggested to drink bottled water and avoid eating in the street and public markets.