Looking for a guide to travel to zimbabwe? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to zimbabwe, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Zimbabwe and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Zimbabwe with its customs, laws and limitations in Zimbabwe customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to zimbabwe and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to zimbabwe or covid Zimbabwe requirements, so we advise you to check what is needed to travel to zimbabwe or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Zimbabwe entry requirements
These are the Zimbabwe entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Multiple entry visa for South Africa.
Guide to travel to Zimbabwe requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Zimbabwe exit requirements:
Valid passport with multiple entry visa for South Africa.
Zimbabwe local currency
In most tourist places, payments are accepted in US dollars. In less touristy places, so-called RTGS dollars, popularly known as “bonds”, are accepted.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit zimbabwe. Here are the most common.
It is recommended to follow the indications of the guide staff in the tourist areas.
Is it safe to travel to Zimbabwe?
- Take extreme precautions to avoid being a victim of theft of money, identity documents and other belongings.
- Try not to go out at night; if you do, go out accompanied.
- Taking pictures of public buildings and military installations is prohibited.
- Drug trafficking and homosexuality are severely punished.
- Trafficking in precious stones and endangered flora or fauna is also prohibited and is punishable by severe prison sentences.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Zimbabwe
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Zimbabwe, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Zimbabwe, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to traveling to Zimbabwe.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Zimbabwe?
Police: 999, 112 and 995
How is the weather in Zimbabwe?
The rainy season runs from December to February.
There is a moderate risk of flooding, which mainly affects the central and southern areas of the country.
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Zimbabwe?
Yellow fever vaccination is required for travelers from risk countries of disease transmission.