Looking for a guide to travel to united states of america? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to the United States of America, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering the United States of America and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to the United States of America with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of the United States of America. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to united states of america and everything you need to know to travel safely.
United States of America General Information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to the United States of America or United States of America covid requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to the United States of America or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to the United States of America entry requirements
These are the United States of America entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- An immigration officer will make the decision upon arrival while reviewing your passport and visa, and determining how long you can stay in the United States.
- Immigration authorities may request verification of the round trip flight, and evidence of accommodation during your stay.
- Consult the following link which will provide you with information on inspections carried out on the items you enter: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/inspection-electronic-devices-tearsheet.pdf
Guide to travel to the United States of America requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the United States of America exit requirements:
- Immigration agents will be able to verify that you have not exceeded the allowed time of stay in the United States.
- Staying beyond the authorized length of stay at the time of your entry may have negative consequences for subsequent entries to the United States.
Customs information United States of America
- If you enter with more than $10,000 US dollars, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
For more information, see the website of United States Government Customs. (in English).
United States of America local currency
The legal tender in the United States is the American dollar (“$”, USD). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Customs of the United States of America
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit united states of america. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to the United States of America?
Laws of the United States of America
- Tourists are prohibited from possessing weapons and ammunition in the United States, unless they have the appropriate permit. For more information: https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/nonimmigrant-aliens.
- The seat belt is mandatory for all passengers when traveling by car.
- Car rental agencies accept valid driver’s licenses from other countries, including your country.
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in the United States, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
- Driving while intoxicated (with the presence of alcohol in the blood in a proportion greater than 0.8 grams-liter) or under the influence of drugs can lead to your arrest and imprisonment, depending on where you are.
- By international reciprocity, a foreigner can use his driver’s license within the territory for up to 30 days after entering the country. Once the period ends, driving without a driver’s license issued by the US government is an offense that warrants a custodial sentence. Travelers are advised to consult the Alabama State Driving Guide to avoid arrests for traffic violations.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to the United States of America
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to the United States of America, so that it informs you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in the United States of America, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards in the Foreign.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to the United States of America.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official tourism site in the United States of America?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in the United States of America?
What are the mandatory vaccines in the United States of America?