Looking for a guide to travel to sri lanka? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to sri lanka, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Sri Lanka and leaving. general information and requirements to travel to sri lanka with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Sri Lanka. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to sri lanka and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Sri Lanka Overview
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to sri lanka or covid sri lanka requirements so we advise you to check what is needed to travel to Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Sri Lanka entry requirements
These are the entry requirements to sri lanka:
- The Mexican passport must be valid for at least six months on the date of entry to Sri Lanka.
- If you are going to stay in the house of a relative and/or acquaintance, you must have a Invitation letter.
- Have enough money to finance your stay in Sri Lanka, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay – hotel or house of friends or relatives.
You can check the full list of entry requirements at immigration website of the Sri Lankan government.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the Ceylonese authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to their territory, even if they have a visa.***
Guide to travel to Sri Lanka requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the sri lanka exit requirements:
There are no special requirements for departure from Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka customs information
- It is forbidden to import any type of products derived from beef cattle, pork, live plants or gold or silver bullion.
- You must declare to customs any type of radio and/or wireless equipment, as well as all types of films, video and movies.
Sri Lankan local currency
The legal tender in Sri Lanka is the ceylonese rupee («Rs», LKR).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Sri Lankan customs
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit sri lanka. Here are the most common.
- The dress code for women is a little stricter than for men, it is not well seen to show shoulders or legs and much less go to temples or sacred places.
- Shows of affection between couples are not well seen, it is preferable to avoid holding hands and kissing the couple in public. However, it is very common to see men holding hands as a sign of friendship.
Is it safe to travel to Sri Lanka?
- Foreigners are particularly vulnerable to crime, so extreme caution is recommended.
- The theft of objects and the presence of pickpockets on trains and trucks is common. Therefore, it is recommended not to carry large amounts of cash and prefer to make withdrawals from ATMs. Never neglect your personal effects or suitcases, especially in places with a large influx of people.
- Do not accept, for any reason, packages or suitcases from strangers.
Sri Lankan Laws
- Always carry a personal ID with you. It is preferable not to go out with your passport but with a photocopy of it, along with a card from the hotel where you are staying.
- Possession of any type of drug is severely punished.
- Promoting, favoring or facilitating the illegal consumption of toxic drugs, narcotics or psychotropic substances, through acts of manufacture, trafficking or possession is strongly prosecuted and punished. Do not accept to transport packages or orders from unknown people.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Sri Lanka
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Sri Lanka, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Sri Lanka, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Sri Lanka.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Sri Lanka?
Are tourists entitled to free medical care in Sri Lanka?
tourists are not entitled to free medical care in Sri Lanka
What are the recommended vaccinations in Sri Lanka?
In general terms, it is recommended to be vaccinated against tetanus, influenza, salmonella and hepatitis.
In some cities of Sri Lanka, cases of malaria have been registered, so it is recommended to take the necessary precautions.
Sanitary conditions in Sri Lanka can be of poor quality, so contagious and gastrointestinal-type illnesses are common. It is always suggested to drink bottled water and avoid eating in the street and public markets.