Looking for a Solomon Islands travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Solomon Islands, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for the entry to the Solomon Islands and departure. general information and requirements to travel to Solomon Islands with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Solomon Islands. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to solomon islands and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Solomon Islands Overview
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of Solomon Islands travel form or Solomon Islands covid requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Honiara or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Solomon Islands entry requirements
These are the Solomon Islands entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least six months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Valid visa.
- Present exit ticket.
- Have enough money to finance your stay in the Solomon Islands, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay – hotel or house of friends or relatives.
For more information, contact the website of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry, Employment and Immigration of the Solomon Islands Government in the Immigration Division (in English).
Guide to travel to Solomon Islands requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Solomon Islands exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave the Solomon Islands.
Customs information Solomon Islands
- Upon entry and exit, if you have more than $50,000 Solomon Islands dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival in this country.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
Solomon Islands local currency
The legal tender in the Solomon Islands is the Solomon Islands dollar (“$” or “SI$”, SBD).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Solomon Islands Customs
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit solomon islands. Here are the most common.
There are rules of dress and behavior in the Solomon Islands, it is recommended not to show affection in public places, as they can cause offense.
Is it safe to travel to Solomon Islands?
- Criminal activity is of particular concern in Honiara and sometimes involves violence.
- Normal precautionary measures are recommended.
- Avoid being near protests, gatherings and large political events as they can turn violent.
- Pay close attention to your belongings, as there have been cases of theft from tourists.
Laws of Solomon Islands
- Homosexual acts are illegal and the sanctions include prison sentences, for more information consult the section LGBTI people.
- It is illegal to carry or possess pornographic material, violators can be fined.
- Driving while intoxicated is considered a serious offense by Solomon Islands authorities.
- The possession, consumption and sale of drugs is one of the most punishable crimes.
- Any type of violent action, physical or verbal, can be considered as an aggression subject to sanctions by local authorities.
- Although Mexican driver’s licenses are accepted, all companies dedicated to car rental request an English translation of said documents in order to take them as valid.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Solomon Islands
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to the Solomon Islands, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in the Solomon Islands, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Solomon Islands.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official site for tourism in Solomon Islands?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Solomon Islands?
Emergency Line: 999
Ambulance services: 911
Natural disasters: 955
Do tourists have the right to free medical care?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care.
What are the mandatory vaccinations in Solomon Islands?
Specific vaccines are not required for the entry of tourists, however, it is recommended to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.