Looking for a guide to travel to qatar? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to qatar, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Qatar and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Qatar with its customs, laws and limitations in Qatar customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to qatar and everything you need to know to travel safely.
|Capital||Doha (See map.)|
|Languages||Arabic and English|
|Visa?||No, Citizens of more than 95 countries are eligible for visa-free entry. Check with an authorized entity.|
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Qatar or covid Qatar requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Doha or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
How is the weather in Qatar?
Qatar has a very arid desert climate. Summers in Qatar are hot and humid. During the hot season, which is from May to September, temperatures can exceed 40 degrees, so caution is recommended when exposing yourself to the sun and when consuming perishable foods.
Guide to travel to Qatar entry requirements
These are the Qatar entry requirements:
All persons must present a certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 and the negative result of a PCR test, which must be obtained, at most, 48 hours before leaving the country of origin.
The vaccination certificate must contain the name of the holder identical to that of the passport, dose and dates of application of the vaccine, batch serial number and QR code.
The vaccines approved by the Qatar Ministry of Health are Pfizer/BioNTech; Modern; AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik and Covaxin are considered as conditioned vaccines and people with a vaccination certificate for these will be subjected to an antigen test upon arrival in Qatar.
To enter the country, people must pre-register on the electronic site «Ehteraz» (WWW.EHTERAZ.GOV.QA) and attach all the information and documentation that is required, with at least 12 hours prior to your arrival. It is essential that all people who arrive in Qatar have the “Ehteraz” application installed on their cell phones and/or mobile devices, since they must use it whenever they are away from home and/or accommodation spaces.
Persons who have not completed their vaccination or who have vaccinations not approved by Qatar and who are not citizens or residents are not allowed to enter. Additionally, only people whose application has been approved prior to the trip may travel.
1.- They do not have complete vaccination;
2.- Are inoculated with vaccines not recognized by Qatar;
3.- Who have completed their vaccination, but for a period of less than 14 days from the last dose (or single dose);
4.- They are not vaccinated against COVID-19, or
5.- Have the complete vaccination schedule with any of the following vaccines: Sinopharm, Sinovac and Sputnik (vaccines “conditioned” by the Qatari authorities). Persons with a vaccination certificate for these sera will undergo an antigen test upon arrival in Qatar.
In these cases, people must also request entry authorization through the “Ehteraz” site procedure, and reserve a quarantine package in a hotel designated for it, on the electronic site. https://www.discoverqatar.qa/welcome-home/
People from countries classified in the red category must be forced to quarantine in hotels enabled for this, for a period that varies between two and seven days, depending on the vaccination scheme received by each traveler. So far, your country remains on the “green list” (https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/travel-and-return-policy/Pages/default.aspx)
- Mandatory use of face masks in open and closed public places.
- All people must use the Ehteraz application whenever they are outside their home or accommodation.
- Buses, subways and public transport will operate at 60% of their passenger capacity, and smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited inside them.
Guide to travel to Qatar requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Qatar exit requirements:
To leave the country it is only necessary to present a valid passport. Foreigners residing in Qatar must also have an exit permit processed by the respective employer.
Qatar customs information
In addition to international travel restrictions, the importation of alcoholic beverages and products containing pork or its derivatives is prohibited in Qatar
Qatari local currency
- The legal tender in Qatar is the Qatari Riyal (“ر.ق” or “QR”, QAR). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
- The exchange rate is fixed and stable throughout the country. You can change dollars or euros at Hamad airport with the same rate as in any bank. The most practical thing is to change an initial amount at the airport.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit qatar. Here are the most common.
- Qatar is a Muslim country, so customs are conservative and this is reflected both in clothing and in treatment.
- Expressions of affection in public are not well seen, regardless of gender or sexual orientation.
- Alcohol consumption is only allowed in hotels that have a license for its sale.
- Drug use is heavily penalized.
How to dress in Qatar
- Although its society is increasingly westernized for these issues, there are some basic elements to take into account when traveling to Qatar, especially in the case of women.
- Although the temperature in Qatar is warm during most of the year, the local custom leads to advice to discard showing straps and to wear skirts or shorts and replace them with wide and long pants, skirts or dresses that are also long and shirts or shirts that cover the shoulders. .
- You will feel more comfortable in any public space, you will avoid sunburn and also, air conditioning is usually set at high levels in shopping malls, hotels and restaurants. It is recommended to carry a shawl on hand, as it can be used to cover the head, shoulders or neck if a visit to a place of worship arises.
- It is even advisable for men to wear pants and long-sleeved shirts, because in some places they cannot enter with bare legs. Women in Qatar do not have to cover their heads.
Is it safe to travel to Qatar?
Qatar is a safe country and it should not be forgotten that it is also a conservative country, so clothing, especially for women, should avoid exposing shoulders and knees. The legal consumption of alcoholic beverages can only be carried out in some hotels that have government authorization for their sale.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Qatar
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Qatar, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Qatar, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Qatar.
- The requirements of the countries are constantly changing, so it is recommended to consult the official pages of the competent government authorities in the country of destination (https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp), as well as information provided by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
- Always carry a copy of your Mexican passport and an official photo ID, keep an electronic copy of them.
- If you have planned a trip to or from Qatar, we suggest you check with your airline the status of your reservations.
- Remember to check the immigration requirements in case your trip requires a connection with other countries or territories.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official site for tourism in Qatar?
You can visit all the tourist information of Qatar at https://www.visitqatar.qa/
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Qatar?
(prefix for Qatar +974): Emergencies: 999. International emergencies: 112. Telephone information: 180.
Do I need vaccinations for Qatar?
Yes, some vaccinations are recommended to visit Qatar. The WHO and ISTM recommend the following vaccines: typhoid, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, triple viral (measles, mumps and rubella), meningitis, TDaP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis), and influenza.
What Covid vaccines are accepted for the Qatar World Cup?
Jansen / Johnson & Johnson
Sinopharm (partially approved)
Sinovac (partially approved)
Sputnik V (partially approved)
Covaxin (partially approved)