Guide to travel to Paraguay
Looking for a guide to travel to Paraguay? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Paraguay, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Paraguay and leaving. general information and requirements to travel to Paraguay with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Paraguay. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to paraguay and everything you need to know to travel safely.
|Capital||Paraguay (See map)|
General information of Paraguay
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Paraguay or covid Paraguay requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Paraguay or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Paraguay entry requirements
These are the entry requirements to Paraguay:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
- Lodging supporting document. They can be hotel reservations, or an Invitation Letter from a family member or friend who is a national of Paraguay or resident in the country with address and phone numbers, to which they must add evidence of economic solvency and legal stay.
Guide to travel to Paraguay requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the departure requirements from Paraguay:
There are no special requirements to leave Paraguay.
Paraguay customs information
- If you enter with more than $10,000 US dollars or its equivalent in other currencies, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- Drug trafficking, human trafficking or smuggling, child trafficking for the purpose of sexual or labor exploitation, money laundering and smuggling is prohibited, the foregoing, leads to custodial sentences of up to 25 years in prison.
Paraguay local currency
- The legal currency in Paraguay is the Guarani. This is the currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations, although the US dollar can also be accepted.
- Throughout the country there are ATMs that accept different types of cards; the most widely accepted are American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
- If you carry out currency exchange operations, it is always convenient to carry your passport, since it will be requested by the representative of the exchange house at the time of carrying out the operation.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit paraguay. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Laws of Paraguay
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with you during your stay in Paraguay, as well as obtain a copy of your passport and keep it in a safe place.
- The disturbance of public peace is punishable by deprivation of liberty, up to 5 years.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is considered a serious offense that could lead to the arrest of the vehicle and severe fines.
- The use and trafficking of narcotics is highly penalized in Paraguay, with prison sentences of up to 15 years.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Paraguay
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Paraguay, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Paraguay, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Paraguay.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official tourism site in Paraguay?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Paraguay?
Medical emergencies: 021 204 800
Emergency ambulance: 021 290 336
Do tourists have the right to free medical care in Paraguay?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in Paraguay.
You must have a travel insurance or medical expenses insurance with coverage abroad.