Guide to travel to Palestine
Looking for a Palestine travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Palestine, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Palestine. general information and Requirements to travel to Palestine with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Palestine. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to palestine and everything you need to know to travel safely.
|Capital||Palestine (See map)|
|Currency||Israeli New Sheqel and Jordanian Dinar|
Palestine General Information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Palestine or Palestine covid requirements, so we recommend you to check What is needed to travel to Palestine or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Recommendations trip to Palestine
- Avoid trips or visits that are not urgent and cannot be postponed to East Jerusalem, the West Bank or Gaza.
- Immediately move away from any concentration, demonstration or protest that you could find, do not approach or touch suspicious objects or accept gifts or orders from unknown people.
- Do not neglect your luggage or your travel documents.
- It is recommended to follow the safety recommendations of the competent authorities at all times, as well as to stay alert.
- It is advisable to avoid areas near military installations and surveillance posts and not to take pictures of them.
- Inform family and friends about your travel itineraries, as well as keep the necessary contact information on hand during your stay in the country (including hotels, friends, and the emergency telephone number of the Embassy of your country in Israel).
Guide to travel to Palestine entry requirements
These are the Palestine entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Immigration authorities can request very detailed information about the reasons for your trip. It is recommended to collaborate with them.
- Having family, work or financial ties in the place of origin will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay in Palestine, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay – hotel or house of friends or relatives.
Guide to travel to Palestine requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Palestine exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Palestine, except for the basic ones such as having a valid passport and proof of legal entry to Palestine (usually through the stamp of the immigration agent that is stamped on the passport).
Palestine customs information
Palestine local currency
The legal tender in Palestine is the Israeli New Sheqel (“₪” or “NIS”, ILS) and the jordanian dinar (“JD”, JOD).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit palestine. Here are the most common.
The clothing is informal, it is recommended to dress discreetly, in Christian and Muslim holy places it is required to dress appropriately, for women to cover up.
Is it safe to travel to Palestine?
It is recommended that citizens immediately move away from any concentration, demonstration or protest that they may find, do not approach or touch suspicious objects or accept gifts or orders from unknown persons.
Laws of Palestine
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with you during your stay, as well as obtain a copy of it and keep it in a safe place.
- The carrying and consumption of drugs, as well as the use of weapons, is prohibited. Depending on the seriousness of the crime, minimum penalties are established such as administrative arrests of up to 48 hours.
- You must dress discreetly, since it is a country with a Muslim majority, otherwise you could be arrested by local authorities.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Palestine
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Palestine, so that it can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Palestine, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Palestine.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Palestine?
Do tourists have the right to free medical care. ?
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Palestine?
No vaccinations are required to travel to Palestine.