Looking for a guide to travel to namibia? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to namibia, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Namibia. general information and Requirements to travel to Namibia with its customs, laws and limitations in the Namibian customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to namibia and everything you need to know to travel safely.
|Capital||Namibia (See map)|
|Languages||Languages: English (official language) Although 12 other languages are spoken in Namibia, English is the language in common use.|
|Currency||Namibian dollar and South African rand|
|Plug||Type D and M|
General information of Namibia
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to namibia or covid Namibia requirements, so we recommend you check what is needed to travel to namibia or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Namibia entry requirements
These are the entry requirements to namibia:
- A valid COVID-19 full vaccination certificate or, failing that, a negative PCR test that is no more than 72 hours old is required.
- Rapid antigen tests are not accepted to enter Namibia.
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of your arrival in Namibia and have at least 3 blank (“Visa”) pages.
Guide to travel to Namibia requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the exit requirements from namibia:
It is recommended to check with your airline before departure.
Namibia Customs Information
- Weapons and ammunition.
- Counterfeit products.
- Drugs and narcotics.
- explosive material.
You can contact the Namibian Customs and Excise Office for further information.
Namibian local currency
The legal tender is the Namibian dollar (NAD). The South African Rand is also accepted throughout Namibia.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit namibia. Here are the most common.
- It is recommended to follow the indications of the guide staff in the tourist areas.
- There is no legal protection against discrimination based on sexual orientation in Namibia.
- Avoid taking photos in government buildings.
Is it safe to travel to Namibia?
Despite high crime rates, Namibia is a safe country to visit.
- Drug use and smuggling are crimes.
- It is illegal to buy, sell, kill or capture any protected wild animal or trade in its parts without a license.
- Namibia is a signatory to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), which prohibits trade in ivory and rhino horn.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Namibia
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Namibia, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Namibia, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Namibia.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Namibia?
What are the mandatory vaccinations in Namibia?
The vaccine against covid-19 and yellow fever is required, as well as the international vaccination certificate for travelers coming from risk countries of disease transmission.