Looking for a Maldives travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Maldives, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for the entrance to Maldives and departure. general information and Requirements to travel to Maldives with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Maldives. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to maldives and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of Maldives travel form or covid Maldives requirements, so we recommend you to check what is needed to travel to Male or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Maldives entry requirements
These are the Maldives entry requirements:
- The passport must be valid for at least six months on the date of entry to the Maldives.
- If you are going to stay in the house of a relative and/or acquaintance, you must have an Invitation Letter.
- Have enough money to finance your stay in Maldives, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay, hotel or house of friends or relatives.
For more information, you can consult the Embassy in India.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the Maldivian authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to its territory, even if they have a visa.***
Guide to travel to Maldives requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Maldives exit requirements:
There are no special requirements for departure from Maldives.
Maldives customs information
- It is forbidden to import any type of products derived from beef cattle, pork, live plants or gold or silver bullion.
- You must declare to customs any type of radio and/or wireless equipment, as well as all types of films, video and movies.
Maldives local currency
The legal tender in Maldives is the maldivian rafiyaa («magnetic» or «Rf», MVR).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad.
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit maldives. Here are the most common.
- The dress code for women is a little stricter than for men, it is not well seen to show shoulders or legs, much less if you go to temples or sacred places.
- Shows of affection between couples are not well seen, it is preferable to avoid holding hands and kissing the couple in public. However, it is very common to see men holding hands as a sign of friendship.
Is it safe to travel to the Maldives?
- Foreigners are particularly vulnerable to crime, so extreme caution is recommended.
- The theft of objects and the presence of pickpockets on trains and trucks is common. Therefore, it is recommended not to carry large amounts of cash and prefer to make withdrawals from ATMs. Never neglect your personal belongings or suitcases, especially in places with a large influx of people.
- Do not accept, for any reason, packages or suitcases from strangers.
Laws of Maldives
- Always carry a personal ID with you. It is preferable not to go out with your passport but with a photocopy of it, along with a card from the hotel where you are staying.
- Possession of any type of drug is severely punished.
- Promoting, favoring or facilitating the illegal consumption of toxic drugs, narcotics or psychotropic substances, through acts of manufacture, trafficking or possession is strongly prosecuted and punished. Do not accept to transport packages or orders from unknown people.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Maldives
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to the Maldives, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in the Maldives, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Maldives.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Maldives?
Do tourists have the right to free medical care in Maldives. ?
Tourists are not entitled to free medical care in the Maldives.
What are the Maldives recommended vaccinations?
vaccinations against tetanus, influenza, salmonella and hepatitis are recommended.