Guide to travel to Indonesia
Looking for a Indonesia travel guide? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to indonesia, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Indonesia and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Indonesia with its customs, laws and limitations in Indonesian customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to indonesia and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Indonesian General Information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Indonesia or covid Indonesia requirements, so we recommend you to check what is needed to travel to indonesia or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
- Soekarno Hatta – Jakarta (Banten)
- Ngurah Rai – Bali
- Kualanamu-North Sumatra.
- Juanda, East Java
- Sultan Hasanuddin- South Sulawesi.
- Sam Ratulangi – North Sulawesi.
- Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta Special Region.
- Zainuddin Abdul Majid – West Nusa Tenggara.
- Hang Nadim – Riau Islands.
Guide to travel to Indonesia entry requirements
These are the Indonesian entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least six months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
Guide to travel to Indonesia requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Indonesian exit requirements:
Upon leaving the country, a tax of 150,000 Indonesian Rupiahs is paid, which is normally already included in the cost of the plane ticket.
Indonesian customs information
- Drugs of all kinds (including cannabis) are absolutely prohibited and their possession or consumption is punishable by the death penalty.
- Alcohol and tobacco have quantitative restrictions. Only one liter bottle of liquor per person of legal age is allowed.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
Indonesian local currency
- The legal tender in Indonesia is the indonesian rupiah («Rp.», IDR). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
- VISA and Master Card credit cards are accepted in most businesses, and in a few cases American Express.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit indonesia. Here are the most common.
- In some mosques, women’s heads are required to be covered, and visitors are invariably asked to enter without shoes. In Hindu and Buddhist temples, entry is not allowed with shorts or low-cut blouses, there are cloth canvases (sarong) to cover visitors who do not wear adequate clothing.
- During Ramadan, Muslims observe a fast from 4:00 am to 6:00 pm, for which they are prohibited from eating, drinking any liquid and smoking. Many establishments such as restaurants cover the windows so that diners cannot be seen from outside.
- In general, greetings are made by hand, using the right hand. With the closest people, the greeting can be a kiss on both sides of the face.
- It is common to remove shoes at the entrance in private homes and some types of businesses.
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in Indonesia, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- You must respect local laws, including those that may seem different from Mexican standards, all are applicable to international travelers without exception.
- The penalties for drug trafficking are very severe and in some cases it is considered the death penalty.
- Drug possession, even in small quantities, carries large fines and imprisonment.
- Crimes such as murder and piracy are subject to the death penalty.
- Gambling is illegal.
- Under Indonesian law, foreigners cannot purchase real estate. If you are considering buying property in Indonesia, you should seek information from a legal authority.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Indonesia
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Indonesia, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Indonesia, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Indonesia.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official site for tourism in Indonesia?
For general information about Indonesia you can consult the official page of the Indonesian Government (in English).
For tourist information about Indonesia consult the official website of Indonesian Tourism (in English).
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Indonesia?
What are the mandatory vaccinations in Indonesia?
No specific vaccinations are required for tourists to enter Indonesia. However, it is prudent to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.