Looking for a guide to travel to hong kong? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Hong Kong?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Hong Kong and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Hong Kong with its customs, laws and limitations in Hong Kong customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to hong kong and everything you need to know to travel safely.
HONG KONG DATA
|Capital||Hong Kong (See map)|
|Languages||Chinese (mainly Cantonese) and English.|
|Currency||Hong Kong dollar (HKD)|
|Plug||Connection type G, commonly used in Great Britain|
Hong Kong Overview
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Hong Kong or covid Hong Kong requirements, so we recommend you check What do you need to travel to Hong Kong? or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Hong Kong entry requirements
These are the Hong Kong entry requirements:
- In Southeast Asia, the authorities require that passports be valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry. This rule is usually applied inflexibly.
- Upon entering Hong Kong, visitors must fill out an immigration form (arrival card) to inform the Immigration Department about the address where they will be staying.
Guide to travel to Hong Kong requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Hong Kong exit requirements:
- Airlines and cruise companies often require Mexican travelers to third jurisdictions to have a ticket for their trip to another destination or return to your country. For destinations in Southeast Asia, they verify that the corresponding visa is available and that the requirement of six months of validity in the passports of each person is met.
- To obtain or renew visas in Hong Kong to enter the rest of China, the corresponding authorities established a single service center in 2018. You can get the necessary information on the page of Chinese visas. However, there is no guarantee that visas will be granted, especially if there is an unfavorable immigration history.
Hong Kong customs information
- Under the current legal framework, Hong Kong has a high degree of autonomy in certain areas, including customs. It is a free port that seeks to facilitate trade. However, the limits on the importation of alcohol over 30 degrees and tobacco are lower than in other destinations. The maximum amounts exempt from tax are 1 liter and 19 cigarettes for each traveler of legal age.
- The legislation considers various personal defense instruments to be weapons, such as pepper spray, electric stunners, non-lethal pistols, tasers and retractable batons. Their possession or use are considered serious crimes and can result in fines and jail sentences. This applies to arriving passengers, but also to those who are in transit and have the material in checked bags.
- The authorities carry out checks to prevent the entry of contraband, meat, protected species, and other controlled products. For additional information, see the website of the customs Department.
Hong Kong local currency
The legal tender in Hong Kong is the Hong Kong Dollar ($, HK$, or HKD).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Hong Kong customs
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit hong kong. Here are the most common.
- Tourists should be prepared to cover high hotel rates.
- Taxis are always metered and generally only accept cash in local currency. Taxi drivers often do not accept passengers seeking to cross between Hong Kong Island and the Kowloon Peninsula, so in those cases it is suggested to use other means of transportation.
Is it safe to travel to Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong is one of the jurisdictions with the lowest crime rate, however, it is recommended to be vigilant to avoid theft of valuables and minor fraud to travelers, for example in street purchases, in electronic products, in nightclubs, and when changing foreign exchange.
- It is important that you carry a copy of your passport at all times, especially if you are not a resident of Macao or Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Laws
- Local laws are strictly enforced, especially in areas such as anti-corruption.
- The penalties for the possession or sale of narcotics are very high.
- Public disturbances are not tolerated, including in areas with the highest nightlife.
- The legislation considers various personal defense instruments to be weapons, such as pepper spray, electric stunners, non-lethal pistols, tasers and retractable batons. Their possession or use are considered serious crimes and can result in fines and jail sentences.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Hong Kong
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Hong Kong, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Hong Kong, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Hong Kong.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official site for tourism in Hong Kong?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Hong Kong?
Local emergency phone: 999
Are tourists entitled to free health care in Hong Kong?
Tourists are not entitled to free health care in Hong Kong and the costs are often very high.