Looking for a Gambia travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Gambia, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Gambia and leaving. general information and requirements to travel to Gambia with its customs, laws and limitations in Gambian customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to Gambia and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Gambia or covid Gambia requirements, so we advise you to check What is needed to travel to Gambia or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to the Gambia entry requirements
These are the Gambian entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have a return air ticket or any ticket in your name, with a destination outside Gambia, with a departure date within 30 days of entering the country.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
Guide to travel to Gambia requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Gambian exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Gambia.
Customs information Gambia
The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
Gambian local currency
The legal tender in The Gambia is the gambian dalasi («D», GMD).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit the gambia. Here are the most common.
- 90% of the population is Muslim. Prudence and respect for customs derived from Islam and others related to ethnic groups in the country are suggested.
- You must pay attention to clothing and greeting third parties.
For more details, please refer to the following website: http://www.accessgambia.com/information/traditional-greetings.html
Is it safe to travel to Gambia?
It is recommended to take care of your belongings and travel documents, particularly in airports and on public transport, and in any place where there are concentrations of people.
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in The Gambia, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Gambia
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Gambia, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Gambia, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Gambia.