Guide to travel to Fiji
Looking for a fiji travel guide? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to fiji, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entry to Fiji and departure. general information and requirements to travel to fiji with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Fiji. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to fiji and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Fiji General Information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to fiji or covid Fiji requirements so we recommend you check what is needed to travel to fiji or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Fiji entry requirements
These are the Fiji entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Valid visa.
- Present exit ticket.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the Fijian authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to their territory, even if they have a visa.***
Guide to travel to Fiji requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the fiji exit requirements:
A fee of 30 Fijian dollars must be paid upon departure.
Fiji Customs Information
- Amounts greater than 5,000 Fijian dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency must be declared both upon arrival and departure from the country.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
- Additionally, some fruits, vegetables, honey, eggs, meat, dairy products and plants from other countries cannot be brought into the country.
Fiji local currency
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit fiji. Here are the most common.
- While there is greater openness and tolerance in urban centers, Fijian society is still conservative in many respects, particularly in rural areas. This applies even to the dress code, so be careful not to offend the local population.
- Although homosexual activities are not illegal in the country, displays of affection between same-sex couples can be offensive, particularly in rural areas of the country.
Is it safe to travel to Fiji?
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with visa at hand during your stay in Fiji, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Legislation in Fiji does recognize dual nationality.
- Drug trafficking or possession is punishable by heavy prison sentences.
- Homosexual activities were recently decriminalized so they are no longer a crime in Fiji. For more information see the section LGBTI people.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Fiji
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Fiji, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Fiji, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Fiji.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official information site in Fiji?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Fiji?
Emergency telephone number for firefighters, police and ambulances: 911
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Fiji?
o Specific vaccines are required for the entry of tourists to Fiji, however, it is recommended to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.