Looking for a guide to travel to cyprus? If you still don’t know what is needed to travel to cyprus, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for the entrance to Cyprus and departure. general information and Requirements to travel to Cyprus with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Cyprus. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to cyprus and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Cyprus or covid Cyprus requirements, so we recommend you check what is needed to travel to Nicosia or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Cyprus entry requirements
These are the Cyprus entry requirements:
- With a passport with a minimum validity of three months counted from the tentative date of departure from the European Union, Mexicans can stay in Cyprus for up to a maximum of 90 cumulative days counted from the date of entry into the European Union, whether consecutive or not, in a period of 6 months. At the end of those 90 days, the person must leave the Schengen Area for another 90 days before trying to re-enter. It is advisable not to exceed the aforementioned period since the migration authority can expel you and sanction you with a ban on entry to the entire European common migration area.
- Return or tourist circuit ticket with closed dates (less than 90 days).
- Justify the reason for your trip and prove sufficient financial means to cover the expenses of your stay. Bank debit and credit cards, account statements, traveler’s checks, cash are means of verification.
- Lodging supporting document; They can be hotel reservations, or an Invitation Letter from a relative or friend who is a national of Cyprus or resident in the country with address and telephone numbers, to which they must add proof of economic solvency and legal stay in Europe.
Guide to travel to Cyprus requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the departure requirements from cyprus:
There are no special requirements to leave Cyprus.
Cyprus customs information
- If you enter with more than $10,000 euros or its equivalent in another currency, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
Cyprus local currency
The legal tender in Cyprus is the Euro («€», EUR).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit cyprus. Here are the most common.
Do not forget to notify your credit institution and/or account executive of your bank that you will travel to Cyprus, so that they inform you about the procedures in case of theft or loss, or problems that you could face when withdrawing money with your cards abroad. .
Is it safe to travel to Cyprus?
If your plans are to visit the northern part of the island, take the necessary precautions since, in an emergency, this Embassy could find it difficult to provide you with assistance and/or consular protection. Also take into account that the immigration authorities of the Republic of Cyprus may not consent to your entry into the country if the express purpose of your visit is the aforementioned.
Laws of Cyprus
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with the entry immigration stamp on hand during your stay in Cyprus, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Cyprus
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Cyprus, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Cyprus, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to traveling to Cyprus.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Cyprus?
Single telephone number for ambulances, police and firefighters: 199 or 112 (with service in English)
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Cyprus?
No compulsory vaccinations are required to visit Cyprus. However, travelers from yellow fever endemic areas require a vaccination certificate.