Looking for a guide to travel to croatia? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Croatia?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Croatia. general information and Requirements to travel to Croatia with its customs, laws and limitations in Croatian customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to croatia and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Croatia or covid croatia requirements, so we advise you to check what is needed to travel to zagreb or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Epidemiological restrictions stemming from COVID-19 have been lifted in the Republic of Croatia.
To enter the country it is no longer necessary to present an EU digital COVID certificate or any other certificate related to the COVID-19 disease when crossing the border. Even the online form, made available by the Croatian government, is no longer mandatory to fill out.
The current provisions of the Croatian government can be found in the following links (in English): https://www.koronavirus.hr/recommendations-and-instructions-for-crossing-the-state-border/736 Y https://entercroatia.mup.hr/ (tourist information page).
Guide to travel to Croatia entry requirements
These are the Croatia entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date the trip ends.
- Have enough money for your stay in Croatia, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay – hotel or house of friends or relatives.
- In case you do not use the lodging services, you must register with the corresponding authority within 24 hours of arrival in the country, presenting proof of address, or at the time of receiving lodging.
Guide to travel to Croatia requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the departure requirements from croatia:
There are no special requirements to leave Croatia.
Croatia customs information
- Drugs of all kinds are absolutely prohibited.
- If you enter with more than €10,000 euros, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from Croatia.
- The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
- Additionally, some fruits, vegetables, honey, eggs, meat, dairy products and plants from other countries cannot be brought into the country.
Croatian local currency
The legal tender in Croatia is the croatian kuna («Kn», HRK).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Croatia
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Croatia, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Croatia, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Croatia.