Looking for a Guide to travel to Cape Verde? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Cape Verde, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for the entrance to Cape Verde and departure. general information and Requirements to travel to Cape Verde with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Cape Verde. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to cape verde and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Cape Verde
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Cape Verde or covid Cape Verde requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to – or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Given the current health crisis due to COVID-19, the Cape Verde authorities have announced restrictions on entering the country for travelers from abroad, for which it is requested to take into account the following information:
- All international travelers must present the negative result of the PCR test applied within a period not exceeding 72 hours prior to boarding the initial flight to Cape Verde.
- All international travelers must fill out the following forms prior to their arrival in Cape Verde.
- Passengers who do not present a negative PCER test upon arrival in the country will not be allowed to enter the country.
- Once in Cape Verde, people who have a vaccination certificate with AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, Sinopharm, Sinovac or Sputnik V biologicals issued 14 days before entering the country will be able to enter commercial establishments.
Guide to travel to Cape Verde entry requirements
These are the Cape Verde entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have an air ticket in your name for a destination outside of Cape Verde, which has a departure date no longer than 30 days from when you entered the country.
- Have family, work or financial ties in the place of origin that allow immigration personnel to convince themselves that you will return to your country of origin.
- Have enough money to finance your stay in Cape Verde.
***Remember: It is the exclusive power of the Cape Verdean authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to their territory, even if they have a visa.***
Guide to travel to Cape Verde requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Cape Verde exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Cape Verde.
Cape Verde customs information
The entry of firearms, tear gas and pepper spray is prohibited.
Local Currency of Cape Verde
The legal tender in Cape Verde is the Cape Verdean Shield (“Esc” or “$”, CVE).
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Cape Verde Customs
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit cape verde. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to Cape Verde?
It is recommended to take care of your belongings and your travel documents, particularly in airports and on public transport, and in particular in places where there are concentrations of people.
Laws of Cape Verde
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with a visa on hand during your stay in Cape Verde, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Cape Verde
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Cape Verde, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Cape Verde, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Cape Verde.