Looking for a Burundi travel guide? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Burundi, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering Burundi and leaving. general information and Requirements to travel to Burundi with its customs, laws and limitations in Burundi customs. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to burundi and everything you need to know to travel safely.
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of Burundi travel form or covid Burundi requirements, so we recommend you to check What is needed to travel to Burundi or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
The visa can be processed before starting your trip, in a diplomatic representation of Burundi or upon arrival in that country. The cost of the visa for one month is 90 US dollars; and the 3-day ticket costs US$40. It is strongly suggested that you always carry a copy of your passport and visa with you.
To make calls to Burundi
- To landline: 00 + 257 + eight phone digits (all landlines start with 22)
- To mobile: 00 + 257 + eight digits of the phone
Guide to travel to Burundi entry requirements
These are the Burundi entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Yellow fever vaccination record is required
- Have a return ticket.
- Have enough money for your stay in Burundi, which depends on the activities to be carried out and the place where you will stay (hotel or house of friends or relatives).
Guide to travel to Burundi requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the burundi exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Burundi.
Burundi customs information
- If you enter with more than 10,000 US dollars, you must report it to the immigration authorities at the time of your arrival or departure from that country.
- Firearms, tear gas, and pepper spray are prohibited
Burundian local currency
- The legal tender in Burundi is the burundian franc («FBu», BIF).
- Cash bills of currencies such as dollars and euros are not accepted if they have an issue date prior to 2006. It is very important to bring recent bills to avoid problems.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit burundi. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Is it safe to travel to Burundi?
- It is recommended to avoid any trip to Burundi that is not essential.
- In particular, it is suggested not to travel to the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- If you are in Burundi and have the opportunity to go out, you are encouraged to do so.
- Airports and borders may close without prior notice.
Laws of Burundi
- It is recommended to always carry a copy of your passport with a visa at hand during your stay in Burundi, as well as to obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Illicitly transporting psychotropic substances is typified as a serious crime.
- Closely follow the news, as well as the events that occur in the town where you are.
- Notify a family member or close friend where you plan to travel and the estimated time for your return.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Burundi
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Burundi, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Burundi, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Burundi.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Burundi?
Consular Protection Telephone: 254712406411
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Burundi?
A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required. Likewise, it is important to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.