Looking for a guide to travel to belgium? If you still don’t know What do you need to travel to Belgium?, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Belgium. general information and Requirements to travel to Belgium with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Belgium. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to belgium and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Belgium general information
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Belgium or Belgium covid requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Brussels or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
Guide to travel to Belgium entry requirements
These are the Belgium entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least six months after the expected date of departure from the territory of the countries of the Schengen area.
- Have enough money for your stay; Belgian authorities ask that a tourist be able to check funds equivalent to 95 euros per day per person. If the tourist is staying with a friend or family member (in addition to the invitation letter) they must prove that they have 45 euros per day per person. It is advisable to have a credit card.
- Proof of accommodation: hotel reservation or Letter of Invitation from a person residing in Belgium, as well as a copy of the identity card issued by the Belgian authority.
Guide to travel to Belgium requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the Belgium exit requirements:
There are no special requirements to leave Belgium.
Customs information Belgium
- Drugs of all kinds are absolutely prohibited.
- It is not allowed to transport protected animal or plant species.
- Tobacco and alcohol are subject to quantitative limitations.
For more information, contact the website of the Belgian Customs (in French).
Belgian local currency
- The legal tender in Belgium is the ANDaurochs («€», EUR). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
- Throughout the country there are ATMs that accept different types of cards; the most widely accepted are Visa and Mastercard and, to a lesser extent, American Express and Diners.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Customs of Belgium
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit belgium. Here are the most common.
There is nothing special to take into account.
Laws of Belgium
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with you during your stay, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- Driving while intoxicated (with the presence of alcohol in the blood in a proportion greater than 0.5 grams-liter) or under the influence of drugs can lead to your arrest and imprisonment, depending on where you are.
- The seat belt is mandatory when traveling by car.
- Visitors wishing to drive a rental car may do so upon presentation of their valid driver’s license (or an international format driver’s license).
- Drug trafficking is heavily persecuted and punished.
Other recommendations in a guide to travel to Belgium
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Belgium, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Belgium, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to traveling to Belgium.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official website for tourism in Belgium?
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Belgium?
Federal Police: 10
Ambulances, medical emergencies and firefighters: 100
European emergency number: 112
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Belgium?
No specific vaccinations are required for tourists to enter Belgium. However, it is recommended to check the official page to obtain updated information from the authorities of that country.