Looking for a guide to travel to Antigua and Barbuda? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Antigua and Barbuda, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for the entrance to Antigua and Barbuda and exit. general information and requirements to travel to Antigua and Barbuda with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Antigua and Barbuda. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to Antigua and Barbuda and everything you need to know to travel safely.
Antigua and Barbuda Overview
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Antigua and Barbuda or Antigua and Barbuda covid requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Saint Johns or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
- The requirements of the countries are constantly changing, so it is recommended to consult the official pages of the competent government authorities in the country of destination, as well as the information provided by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
- Always carry a copy of your Mexican passport and an official photo ID, keep an electronic copy of them.
Guide to travel to Antigua and Barbuda entry requirements
These are the Antigua and Barbuda entry requirements:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date your trip ends.
- Have enough money to finance your stay or show credit cards.
- You must present a round trip ticket.
- ***Remember: It is the exclusive power of local authorities to grant or deny entry to a foreign person to their territory.***
Guide to travel to Antigua and Barbuda requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the departure requirements from Antigua and Barbuda:
To leave Antigua and Barbuda, you must fill out a migration form that authorizes your departure.
Customs information Antigua and Barbuda
- At the entry point you must show your passport and disembarkation form. Be sure to fill out the back, with information requested by customs.
- The process to travel with pets is very complex, since there are multiple requirements and waiting times are several months.
Local Currency of Antigua and Barbuda
The legal tender in Antigua and Barbuda is the East Caribbean Dollar (“$”or”EC$”, XCD).
Customs of Antigua and Barbuda
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit Antigua and Barbuda. Here are the most common.
To drive, you must do so on the right side of the car and you must drive in the left lane of streets and highways.
Is it safe to travel to Antigua and Barbuda?
- The crime rate in the country is relatively low, however, you are invited to follow the general security recommendations for visitors:
- Avoid isolated and untouristed places.
- Stay alert, especially when you are not accompanied, at night, as well as when leaving the central and/or main tourist areas.
- Do not accept invitations with strangers to unknown places.
- Take extreme precautions after going to banking institutions to avoid being a victim of assault.
- Do not go out with valuables or large sums of money.
- Do not leave your personal belongings unattended in public places.
Laws of Antigua and Barbuda
- It is recommended that you always carry a copy of your passport with you, as well as obtain a copy of them and keep it in a safe place.
- It’s important to put attention on displays of affection in public between people of the same sex are penalizedFor more information, see the section on LGBTI people.
- For people who enter for reasons of job offers, it is recommended that they do so with their written contract to avoid problems in the country.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Antigua and Barbuda
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Antigua and Barbuda, so that they can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Antigua and Barbuda, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Antigua and Barbuda.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the official tourism site in Antigua and Barbuda?
The official site where you can find more information is https://visitantiguabarbuda.com/
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Antigua and Barbuda?
Old and bearded:
Police: (268) 462 0125
Ambulance: (268) 462 0044
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Antigua and Barbuda?
No specific vaccinations are required for tourist entry to Antigua and Barbuda.
For specific or last minute information on preventive health measures in Antigua and Barbuda, it is recommended to consult the official site.
We recommend that before traveling to Antigua and Barbuda you take out insurance that covers medical contingencies.