Looking for a guide to travel to angola? If you still don’t know What is needed to travel to Angola, we are going to explain everything you have to prepare for entering and leaving Angola. general information and Requirements to travel to Angola with its customs, laws and limitations in the customs of Angola. You have available this travel guide with the emergency telephone numbers, the best time to travel to angola and everything you need to know to travel safely.
General information of Angola
With the current situation you may have to fill out some kind of form to travel to Angola or covid Angola requirements, so we recommend you check What is needed to travel to Luanda or any destination in the country in this travel guide.
- Entry, stay and exit requirements are subject to change without prior notice, so it is recommended to consult the official pages of the competent government authorities in the country of destination, as well as the information provided by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). ) https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
- Always carry a copy of your Mexican passport and an official photo ID, keep an electronic copy of them.
Guide to travel to Angola entry requirements
These are the Angola entry requirements:
At some ports of entry such as Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda) and Lugango Airport – and always subject to the discretion of the Angolan authorities – visas on arrival (Visas on Arrival) may be issued to Mexicans with maximum period of 30 days. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Angolan authorities themselves discourage this option due to the risk that a visa refusal would imply, considering the distance from your country. For this reason, in all cases, it is advisable to process visas at the Embassy of Angola in the United States.
You must present a negative COVID-19 PCR carried out 72 hours before the trip. Passengers in transit do not need to present proof. The vaccination certificate is still mandatory.
Guide to travel to Angola requirements to leave
Once your stay is over, these are the exit requirements from angola:
The Angolan government no longer requires a negative PCR test in order to leave Angola. However, it is recommended to check with your airline before starting your trip.
Angola customs information
- Prohibited items
- You may not enter Angola under any circumstances with:
- Firearms or any other type.
- explosives and substances
- Chemical and toxic substances.
For detailed information, please refer to the link: http://www.taag.com/en/Plan/Luggage/Forbidden-items.
Angola local currency
The legal tender in Angola is the angolan kwanza («Kz», AOA). This is the only currency accepted in shops, restaurants and service stations.
For more information regarding the local currency or payment methods of the country, consult the section recommendations in money to travel abroad..
Make sure you know the customs of the country so you can know what the best time to visit angola.
Is it safe to travel to Angola?
It is recommended to take extreme precautions to avoid being a victim of theft of money, identity documents and other belongings when you are outside the place where you stay.
- You should always carry a certified copy of your passport (data page and visa) and/or identity documents for identification purposes. The lack of said documents causes a fine of 15,000 kwanzas.
- Drug use and smuggling are prohibited.
- If you are intoxicated at the time of entering Luanda airport, you may be denied entry, detained. Airlines refuse to carry passengers out of Angola in that state.
- Angola is a signatory to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), which prohibits the trade in ivory. The purchase or trafficking of ivory goods causes imprisonment or a fine.
Other recommendations in guide to travel to Angola
- Do not forget to notify your bank that you will travel to Angola, so that it can inform you how to act in case of theft or loss of your credit cards in Angola, or problems that you could have when withdrawing money with your cards abroad.
- Recommendations and more advice by topic or type of traveler, visit the section of recommendations for your trip abroad of this guide to travel to Angola.
- Do not use cameras, binoculars, maps, GPS equipment, etc. near government buildings. Your equipment could be confiscated.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the emergency telephone numbers in Angola?
Phone numbers of the Embassy of your country in South Africa: +27 12 460-1004 (office hours) and +27 63 793-7496 (emergencies).
What are the compulsory vaccinations in Angola?
The Angolan immigration authorities request the certificate against yellow fever to all travelers from Latin America.
It is recommended to take out travel insurance because the medical infrastructure is limited and medical care can be expensive for foreigners and although there are several clinics in Luanda that offer reasonable health care, such care is given at very high prices. Yellow Fever: Required for travelers over 9 years of age. COVID-19