Looking for doom eternal system requirements? All about this game and doom eternal system requirements. Test your PC here:
Doom Eternal system requirements PC Recommended Specs (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)
- 64-bit Windows 10Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
- 8GB System RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB)
- OR (1080p/ 60 FPS / High Quality Settings) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB) Note : On GTX 970 only – set Texture Quality to Medium
- 50 GB hard drive space
Doom Eternal system requirements PC Minimum Specs (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)
- 64-bit Windows 7/64-Bit Windows 10
- Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
- 8GB System RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or RX 470 (4GB)
- 50 GB hard drive space
Doom Eternal system requirements Notes:
There have also been some adjustments made to the minimum and recommended specs that are listed on the packaging of DOOM Eternal physical PC copies. Those changes are listed below:
- Updated Minimum Spec (from what is printed on the PC box)
- Removed Windows 8.1 as a supported operating system because it is no longer supported by AMD as of their most recent driver release.
- Win 8.1 users with AMD GPUs will need to use driver version 19.1.1 to run the game successfully.
- We’ve increased the resolution from 720p/60 FPS at Low Quality settings to 1080p/60 FPS at Low quality settings and have added in support for some 3GB and additional 4GB GPUs.
- Added current gen NVIDIA GPUs that also meet the min spec performance requirements.
- Updated Recommended Spec (from what is printed on the PC box)
- We’ve increased the resolution from 1080p/60 FPS at High Quality settings to 1440p at High quality settings and have added in support for some additional GPUs at 1080p/60 FPS.
- We’ve also reduced the system RAM requirements from 16GB to 8GB.
- In order to hit higher performance targets, we removed the Ryzen 5 CPU and added specific i7 and Ryzen 7 CPU model numbers.
- Recommended Specs listed on the PC box will still work as advertised.
- Added current gen NVIDIA GPUs that also meet the recommended spec performance requirements.
- Added Ultra-Nightmare Spec
- We added a “maxed out” spec for PC users.
Will my computer be able to run Doom Eternal system requirements?
If you enjoyed DOOM 2016 rejoice! DOOM Eternal was an explosive success! Critics are raving about how every aspect, from combat to exploration, has been completely rehauled to make it better than the original. Better yet, after significant testing, and an abominable amount of demon carnage, we can say for certain that having at least a GTX 1050T or R9 280 GPU will meet the minimum system requirements. In addition having an Intel Core i5, or AMD Ryzen 3 CPU will ensure you escape the forces of hell, just barely. However, for those looking to make the most of their chainsaw and combat shotgun you need a GeForce GTX 1060 or a RX 480 and Intel Core i7-6700K or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X CPU. Rip and tear with the right graphical equipment until it is done.
The forces of hell have begun to invade Earth, and only the Doom Slayer can save the world from total destruction in Doom Eternal. Doom Eternal is the fifth main title in the overall Doom series and is the direct sequel to the 2016 game titled, Doom. Your favorite arsenal of weapons is already waiting for you. From the iconic chainsaw, to the Combat Shotgun, to the retractable arm-blade, the choice of weapon will always be yours as you streak forward to engage in some of the most fast-paced action to be found in modern gaming. Be on the lookout for new enemies such as the Marauder and the Doom Hunter as well.
While there are also new types of enemies in Doom Eternal, there is also a brand new asymmetric multiplayer gamemode. Players will now have the option to ‘drop in’ to other players’ campaigns and begin to fight back as a Demon! That’s right. Doom Eternal is giving players the ability to become the very Demons they have spent years hunting. If you don’t want to fight against human-controlled Demons, you will have the ability to turn this option off, effectively walling your campaign off from the public.
Now to cut to the chase of the system requirements question that so many of us are wondering about for such an epic game. Doom Eternal is the first game to be designed with the new id Tech 7 game engine and id Software has yet to release any official information about potential specs needed. The last Doom game ran on id Tech 6 and needed a GeForce GTX 670 or a Radeon HD 7870 for the GPU so we can already begin to assume the minimum requirement for Eternal will be higher than this. Furthermore, Doom only needed a Core i5-2400 or AMD FX-8320, but many other triple A games coming out recently (like Fallout 76) have needed much stronger CPUs just to get over the minimum CPU requirement.
We will continue to update when more official system requirement information for Doom Eternal is made available.